An Introduction to the Bhagavad Gita
May 3, 2015 @ 10:30 am – 3:00 pm
The Letchworth Centre for Healthy Living
Letchworth Garden City
Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire SG6 3NA
The Fruits of our Desiring
An introduction to The Bhagavad Gita for Yogis
A seminar by Dr. Neelam Taneja PhD
Steadfast in Yoga perform actions, letting go of attachment; be impartial to success and failure – this equanimity is called Yoga [2.48]
The Bhagavad Gita is the gold standard text for Yoga students. If you have time to understand just one text that summarises the yogic teachings of all the Vedas and the Upanishads then this is it.
The Bhagavad Gita, a book of 700 verses contains the methods used by yogis throughout history to gain a deeper understanding of how to overcome conflict, limitations and unhappiness in our daily lives. What to do when you face confusion and inner dilemmas. It helps the Yogis to discover their Dharma their highest purpose and how to act according to it?
The Gita has been studied, commented upon and followed by countless humans across the planet Earth since its beginning 500 -400 BC.
In this seminar we will explore :
- What is The Bhagavad Gita in the context of Yoga?
- The purpose of The Bhagavad Gita for yogis?
- The core teachings of The Bhagavad Gita that every yoga students should have some understanding of e.g. Dharma, Karma, Jnana and Bhakti and their integration.
- What The Bhagavad Gita reveals about your true identity, who you really are behind the roles you play in life?. How to free yourself from negative emotional cycles that keep you bound and navigate all of life’s conflicts assuring happiness no matter what?
- All attendees will receive a comprehensive background paper to prepare them for participating in the seminar.
Dr Neelam Taneja is an accredited Meditation and Yoga teacher who was born in India to a yogic mother, read Sanskrit at school and grew up on the stories from The Bhagavad Gita narrated by her.