An Introduction to Sanskrit
An introduction to Sanskrit for Yogis – Inner Stillness, Adding poetry to Yoga
A seminar by Dr. Neelam Taneja PhD
‘Yoga Chitta Vriti Niordah Tada drastuh svarupa avasthanam’, Yoga Sutra of Patanjali 1.3-1.4
The language of Yoga and its source literature the Vedas, the Upanishads, the Gita and the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali is Sanskrit dating back to 2000 BCE. All theYogic texts are written in the musical, poetic verse of Sanskrit. As a practicing Yogi some knowledge of the key Sanskrit terms used in Yoga add greater harmony to yours and your students practice.
- What is Sanskrit in the context context of Yoga?
- Why we should use Sanskrit terms e.g. the names of asanas in our Yoga practice?
- How to pronounce the Sanskrit alphabet ?
- Top 101 Key Yoga terms and how to pronounce them ?
- The meaning of and how to chant selected mantras such as the chakra names?
- Learn the Peace mantra [ Shanthi Marg ] for before, during or after your practice.
- All attendees will receive a comprehensive background paper to prepare them for participating in the seminar.
- Resources to help you continue your journey.